Gundam 00 Another Side/Story

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking place after the 4 year time-skip, a new breed of Gundam Meisters, and the old ones, take the scene to battle against new and old foes in the A-Laws

5 posters

GNX-III Trans-Am Prototype

Billy
    Billy
    Observer

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

GNX-III Trans-Am Prototype Empty GNX-III Trans-Am Prototype

Post by Billy Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:47 am

Although Billy in the series is shown to have developed the Masurao as the first MS with Tau Trans-Am, I thought in this RP, we would expand upon his development of it with him creating (Perhaps)several GNX-III Prototypes to test out the Trans-Am feature.

With that in mind, are there any A-Laws pilots who would like to test one?
    nightbringer
    nightbringer
    Strategic Analyst

Male Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2009-08-19

GNX-III Trans-Am Prototype Empty Re: GNX-III Trans-Am Prototype

Post by nightbringer Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:53 am

From what I've seen, the next-gen was supposed to have been the 'Neo-Hed' according to 00V, which looks like a continuation of the Ahead line. Since I'm kind of bored, I might whip up another character to join A-Laws, although my favourite suits in 00 have mainly been the Innovado machines.
    Billy
    Billy
    Observer

Post by Billy Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:35 pm

Well, I was more going for something that he'd test first.

For instance, so far no one aside from CB has developed Trans-Am, so I don't think he'd build a whole MS just to test a theory.

And there's the issue of bugs, I think he'd put it in a Mass Produced model, so he could fine tune it so to speak. After all, I think if incorrectly calibrated, Trans-Am could either completely crash the GN Drive or Create a way too high power surge and make the suit explode.

I can't see Billy just risking that in a brand new MS, not least of which will be piloted by a very good friend of his. I mean the amount of G's issue is one thing, when Graham used it with Masurao/Susanoo, the sheer velocity the thing could move at created more G's than the suit could handle and injured him. However, it wasn't completely disabling like it was when he used full speed in the OverFlag, so I would figure Billy had tested it out in other suits beforehand to better compensate for the incredible strain on the pilot, and the MS's Systems.

The key of this is that he will at first just be testing it out, then will probably give the Trans-Am GNX(s) some field testing before he implements it on the Masurao.
    nightbringer
    nightbringer
    Strategic Analyst

Post by nightbringer Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:30 pm

I put up a new character, so I wouldn't mind her playing around with one of these Trans-Am GNX-IIIs pending approval.
    Zero
    Zero
    Lord Zero
    Lord Zero

Male Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Zero Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:18 pm

I don't have a problem with the GN-XIII T-AM prototype(s) but what about possible drawbacks?
    Mars Denbrey
    Mars Denbrey
    Gundam Meister

Male Number of posts : 214
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

Post by Mars Denbrey Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:03 pm

Good idea Billy. I'm working on a character for A-Laws. IF I manage to actually finish it and if you still need a test pilot, I'm in.

As for the drawbacks, maybe the G-forces? Maybe dampeners for them haven't been developed fully? Or maybe the energies for the Tau Drives causes nausea or something?
    nightbringer
    nightbringer
    Strategic Analyst

Post by nightbringer Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:26 am

There is the whole GN[T] drive is ruined after trans-am, so its a one-shot deal.
    Once it's over, you're running on emergency reserves.
    Billy
    Billy
    Observer

Post by Billy Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:28 pm

What of the Trans-Am sported by Revive Revival's Gadessa and Healing Care's Garazzo?

In the battle at Celestial Being, they both went Trans-Am to destroy Tieria's Seravee, and then reverted back to normal mode. Seemingly suffering no adverse effects in MS performance.

One could argue that in between the time they were deactivated by Seraphims Trial Field and when they went to support Ribbons Almark, their GN drive could have been switched out for another, but it seems unlikely considering the time frame, and the fact that until Ribbons destroyed Seraphim with Reborn Cannon, it was only a few minutes until they showed up to assist him. So their MS would have been complete immobile from the time Setsuna activated Trans-Am burst to this point.

If you look at the counter on Setsuna's 00, he checks it shortly into the fight with Reborn and it's at around 60, and seems to be rising by the second. When he looks at it again, it reads 102/3 before he activates Trans-Am again. Given that, the passage of time in that battle seems to be around 40-45 seconds, and the Trans-Am is activated some time after the support arrives and is subsequently defeated.

@ Mars: Sure thing, I might have more than one test pilot so I'm certain there will be a space available. When the time arrives, we'll discuss via PM perhaps?
    Tsubine
    Field Agent

Male Number of posts : 48
    Registration date : 2009-09-05

Post by Tsubine Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:27 pm

I think it might be a little late, but I would like to have Tsu be a TRANS-AM Test pilot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content