Gundam 00 Another Side/Story

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking place after the 4 year time-skip, a new breed of Gundam Meisters, and the old ones, take the scene to battle against new and old foes in the A-Laws

+2
Mu
Falken
6 posters

"Assualt on Research Base 24" Discussion Thread.

nightbringer
    nightbringer
    Strategic Analyst

Male Number of posts : 130
    Registration date : 2009-08-19

"Assualt on Research Base 24" Discussion Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: "Assualt on Research Base 24" Discussion Thread.

Post by nightbringer Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:48 am

If Zinin calls Renee back, she'll obey. Otherwise, she'll try to push her boundaries.
    Mu
    Mu
    Your Impossible is my Possible

Number of posts : 304
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

"Assualt on Research Base 24" Discussion Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: "Assualt on Research Base 24" Discussion Thread.

Post by Mu Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:39 am

Probably more likely to be Mannequin to call her back.
    If she's even present, she's conspicous by her absence so far in the manga.
    Hayase
    Hayase
    Gundam Meister

Male Number of posts : 247
    Registration date : 2009-04-02

Post by Hayase Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:35 pm

Night edid you miss the part where i threw my gn sword at you?
    nightbringer
    nightbringer
    Strategic Analyst

Post by nightbringer Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:54 pm

You did? Sorry, I thought you were coming for another slash or something. I'll edit.
    nightbringer
    nightbringer
    Strategic Analyst

Post by nightbringer Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:08 pm

Hey Mars, wasn't that godmodding of a sort? I didn't know we were allowed to shoot down other people's bits/fangs.
    Mars Denbrey
    Mars Denbrey
    Gundam Meister

Male Number of posts : 214
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

Post by Mars Denbrey Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Alright, I edited it.
    Mu
    Mu

Post by Mu Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:16 am

I have a question, why are A-Laws ignoring the Arche?

If you think about it, Arche is a Gundam, it likely doesn't have a friendly IFF, so A-Laws should logically think about it as an enemy...
    nightbringer
    nightbringer
    Strategic Analyst

Post by nightbringer Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:32 am

The enemy of my enemy is my friend Wink
    Ali was hired to protect the facility, so I assume he has some sort of 'neutral/civillian' IFF that stops A-LAWs units from shooting at him. He was hanging out at the facility a bit before combat, so those kinds of things would presumably have been done then.

The same logic would apply to when he stole Throne Zwei and joined up with the GN-X taskforce.
    Mu
    Mu

Post by Mu Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Hmmmmm... Unlikely. I doubt Ribbons would allow it. They way he handles Ali, he's sort of his unnamed underling, so I can't see him letting Ali support A-Laws, then having him attack somewhere like Azadistan since the inevitable reports would say that it was, by extension, A-Laws that attacked the country.

Under the pseudonym of Ensign/2nd Lt. Gary Biaggi of the French Foriegn Legion, Ali was already a part of the united powers attack in the Desert, so when he turned up with the Zwei, he already had credibility to join the force. More than likely, Ribbons did some data tampering to make it known he was a replacement for one of the soldiers lost by the AEU in the initial attacks on the Ptolemy.

While it is possible Ribbons could have done the same again, I think it's unlikely since he would most likely at this point be keeping his 'go to guy' in the shadows.
    Mu
    Mu

Post by Mu Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Once again, we are under threat of god modding.
    Falken, please provide me evidence to suggest that combat ready optical camoflage exists in Anno Domini. I know we've seen Exia use it, to hide itself, however there is no combat application for that. Also, do A-Laws even posses that technology?

Secondly, what is the evidence that a GN grenade would mask you signature?
    Considering how much energy pulses through a drive, you've gotta say there's a fair amount of heat coming off it.

It's starting to get very vexing that members are accusing the Fereshte team of god modding, whilst pulling stunts like this and completely ignoring a thrown GN Blade since it wasn't convenient to their RP.
    Hayase
    Hayase
    Gundam Meister

Post by Hayase Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:41 pm

besides how did you get it in the middle of combat. this is the loadout you posted at the beginning of the thread.
    Lt. Colonel Barack Zinin (On Stand-by):

Unit: GNX-704T Ahead
    Armaments:
    -GN Submachine Gun
    -GN Beam Rifle
    -GN Beam Saber x 2
    -30mm GN Vulcan x 2
    -GN Shield
    Special Equipment:
    -GN Verniers on each shoulder -
    Mars Denbrey
    Mars Denbrey
    Gundam Meister

Post by Mars Denbrey Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:18 pm

Oh well.

Let him have it. I got something that... Twisted Evil

"It's probably trying to distract me, but I won't be fooled." His former comrade, Martin Lockheed, had taught him how to track the gundams while they were in Trans-Am mode. "The gundams are about 20-40 meters in ahead of their after images," He remembered Lockheed telling him.

Um, riiiiight...

Because a you can actually track something that is moving that fast.

And not to be picky, but Falken released yet another grenade even the effect of the first one haven't work off yet.

And I seriously doubt that the anti-beam grenade can mask the GNT-Drive, since in principle, it would be the same as the beam saber/gun issue.

But, OK. I'll roll with it. Just don't complain if I can pull something off.

Last edited by Mars Denbrey on Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)
    Falken
    Falken
    Plotemaios Pilot

Male Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-08-11

Post by Falken Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:54 pm

@Mu:

The A-laws should have access to optical camouflage, either through the capture of the Kyrios, Linear Train Corporation (maker of Throne Gundams and original GN-X), or information from Veda via Ribbons.

I thought the gundams generated the camouflage membranes themselves (I’m not sure if the membranes are created from GN particles or just plasma). Either that or they carry membrane blankets around with them like the Ptolemaios (Perhaps this is generated by the gundams too?).

GN drives don’t emit heat. However, the Ahead's electrical and mechanical systems will probably emit some heat.

If my explanation doesn’t satisfy you, then I’d be happy to revise my post.

@Hayase:

I could have sworn I gave Zinin grenades. *facepalm* I wasn't trying to cheat, I honestly thought I gave Zinin anti-beam grenades like the other 2 units. Um, can we just say Zinin had some grenades? It's really too late to do anything about it.

@Mars:

I just came here to complain about your latest action, when you had already complained about mine. XD I'll respond to your complaint first before I issue mine.

Zinin is not trying to look at Mar's gundam, because that's impossible- it's moving much too fast. Instead, he's trying to predict its current position by using its after images as reference. '[during Trans-Am Mode] The gundams about 20-40 meters ahead of their after images.'

And by the time I had released my second anti-beam grenade, the effects of the first anti-beam grenade had worn off, and you had already left the affected area before that time.

I believe an anti-beam grenade would mask the emissions of a GN-based propulsion system, at low speeds at least (visible emissions are very low). GN-based propulsion systems work like a GN beam rifle (and not like a GN beam saber). That is that in both systems, they emit a stream of GN particles for propulsion and attacking respectively. And in both cases, the GN particles would be dispersed in the presence of an anti-beam field augmented by the atmosphere, so that would mean there'd be nothing to see.

Now on to my complaint. I’m okay with you being able to detect Zinin’s ahead with the SAGA’s enhanced sensors and then go and attack him, but I believe that I should have been given a chance to respond to this action before you decided to destroy my unit. I know I haven’t posted in a while, but it still doesn’t make it right. I don’t think you should have even posted in the first place, until this issue was resolved.
    Hayase
    Hayase
    Gundam Meister

Post by Hayase Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:57 pm

Flaken i posted your load out because it doesn't list the camo
    Mars Denbrey
    Mars Denbrey
    Gundam Meister

Post by Mars Denbrey Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:12 pm

"Assualt on Research Base 24" Discussion Thread. - Page 2 Facepalm5

*sigh*

OK, let's see...

All of the reasons you give for A-Laws to have optical camo are valid. Even though in S2 A-Laws didn't use optic camo and from the info I've seen, the Exia was the only one with optic camo. Maybe they all had it, but only the Exia actually used it.

I can understand somebody like Graham Aker/Mr. Bushido being able to predict a Gundam's location in Trans-Am because of his high level of skills and familiarity fighting Gundams. But Lt. Zinin? OK, I'll go with it.

About the anti-beam grenade issue. When I asked you about the duration of the effect you said:

If it was space, the effect would last indefinitely in that area. Since we're on earth, I'd say the effect only lasts 2 or 3 posts?

Regardless if I left the area of the field, the effects are still there. So if I come back, I'll still be affected by them. Also, you released the second grenade on your third post after you released the first one. So I guess it was my mistake for thinking that the field was gonna be null after the third post rather than the second. Because that is what you are suggesting, apparently.

Onto the GN-Propulsion issue. I am confused by your explanation. You say:

GN-based propulsion systems work like a GN beam rifle (and not like a GN beam saber). That is that in both systems, they emit a stream of GN particles for propulsion and attacking respectively. And in both cases, the GN particles would be dispersed in the presence of an anti-beam field augmented by the atmosphere, so that would mean there'd be nothing to see.

But, aren't thrusters and beam saber alike in that they are both continual emissions from a source? On the other hand, when you fire a beam shot, it leaves it's source.

And now, for the actions towards Lt. Zinin's unit. I wrote:

With that said, The SAGA slashed at what appeared to be thin air with the beam saber, but connected with something and some sparks flew. It followed up with an attack from the hatchet and more sparks.

GN Particles filled the sky.

I never wrote that the SAGA actually destroyed the Ahead. I left it ambiguous so that you could come up with something.
    Falken
    Falken
    Plotemaios Pilot

Male Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2009-08-11

Post by Falken Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:44 pm

@Hayase:

Sorry about that. When I saw the load out you provided, and didn't see the anti-beam grenades on there, I thought you were talking about that.

@Mars:

I'm willing to revise my post and remove the bit about my Ahead using optical camouflage - I'll have him do something else.

Now about the tracking issue. Zinin is a pretty good pilot (he wouldn’t be a captain or be piloting an Ahead otherwise), is piloting a high performance unit that is equal to the gundams in performance (excluding Trans-am and related abilities), and he has had nearly four years to train to fight gundams (simulators and war games for example). Also, he diverted almost all the power from his GNT drive to propulsion, so the speed and maneuverability of his Ahead would be enhanced.

Zinin did take damage from your suit, so that shows he hasn’t completely mastered the technique.

Regardless if I left the area of the field, the effects are still there. So if I come back, I'll still be affected by them. Also, you released the second grenade on your third post after you released the first one. So I guess it was my mistake for thinking that the field was gonna be null after the third post rather than the second. Because that is what you are suggesting, apparently.
    The effects started on the post when I used the first grenade, and should have ended on my third post. This is why I had to use the second grenade. If I hadn't used the second grenade, you would have been free to use your ranged weapons on your third post of the original series.

But, aren't thrusters and beam saber alike in that they are both continual emissions from a source? On the other hand, when you fire a beam shot, it leaves it's source.
    Yes, but GN particles from thrusters disperse after they are emitted -that's how thrusters are similar to ranged weapons. Dispersal doesn't happen with beam sabers, because the particles are contained within an EM field. Besides, at low power, the particle emissions from thrusters are barely visible under normal conditions, so the emissions should be nearly invisible amidst an anti-beam field (with its effects augmented by the atmosphere).

I never wrote that the SAGA actually destroyed the Ahead. I left it ambiguous so that you could come up with something.
    Even if you hadn’t stated that Mar’s destroyed Zinin’s machine, you still shouldn’t have wrote that Mar's had successfully struck Zinin. You’re not supposed to do that until after I state what was damaged or destroyed in regards to Zinin’s machine (or if anything even happened in the first place). It’s very likely that Zinin would take damage in that situation, but you shouldn’t assume anything - you need to wait for my response. What if I wrote “Zinin fired at the SAGA, and then he saw an explosion and a glowing green cloud of GN particles form as result.” and then told you to improvise?
    nightbringer
    nightbringer
    Strategic Analyst

Post by nightbringer Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:27 pm

So what's happening now - is the fight over, are we waiting on someone, or is there something I've missed?
    Mars Denbrey
    Mars Denbrey
    Gundam Meister

Post by Mars Denbrey Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:26 pm

OK, I edited my post to say that my character did the infamous "attempt" move. I waited to see if Falken edited his to see what I could write, but seeing as he never did, I took initiative.

Although, I could have done what he did when confronted about the not including the grenades in the first place and say "It's really too late to do anything about it."

Speaking of the grenade, something in the back of my mind tells me that if I had posted that my character attacked Lt. Zinin earlier with ranged weapons, one of three things would have happened:

1-Lt. Zinin would have evaded every shot.

2-Falken would have writen that Lt. Zinin released a second grenade just before the SAGA fired, totally ignoring or negating what I wrote before him.

3-I would have been accused of god-modding, because the effect of the first grenade were suppose to last longer or something.

Finally, Falken talks about me making assumptions or that what I've done isn't right. Truth is, that what I wrote on the post that the SAGA had damaged the Ahead was as a response to what has been happening in the past.

Falken has totally ignored previous posts by other people and just written what he felt like.

The best example being that he writes:

Zinin was now only 30 meters away from the SAGA. As he covered the last 30 meters, he whipped out his two beam saber and crossed them together to make a horizontal sissors cut at the SAGA's abdomen.

So I reply:

As the Ahead went for the SAGA'a abdomen, Mars maneuvered the two GN Pistols II the SGA hand in each hand downward and blocked the two beam sabers with the pistols hatchet mode.

And he writes:

Zinin had to break off his attack and uncross his sabers to defend against Mar's attack; he brought his two sabers up to block the downward cut of Mar's hatchets.

Still holding the block, Zinin saw that there was an opening for him to strike at Mars again, and deactivated his left saber. Mars had been pressing down with his left arm, so when Zinin made the move, Mars arm fell down. Meanwhile, Zinin pointed his saber hilt at Mars cockpit and reactivated the saber. If his attack worked, it would mean the end of the Gundam Meister, and it would mean a new GN drive for the A-Laws.

When did the SAGA attack? Seems to me that not only did he change what he wrote about the cutting of the abdomen to him blocking a non-existing attack, but he wrote a whole sequence controlling my character putting him in a position he only could have gotten out using Trans-Am Pulse.

Now, is that fair? Was that right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm